FOR TODAYS POST I THOUGHT I MIGHT SHARE SOME OF MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP BITS. I SPEND MOST DAYS MAKEUP FREE – IT’S VERY LIBERATING, YOU SHOULD TRY IT – BUT WHEN I MUST LOOK HUMAN (or AS CLOSE AS I CAN GET) THIS IS WHAT I USUALLY REACH FOR. MAYBE YOU WILL FIND THIS SOMEWHAT INFORMATIVE AND PERHAPS STUMBLE UPON SOME NEW PRODUCTS.
we shall begin with brushes, you don’t need many, your fingers can be pretty great too. and yes they are all dirty in this picture – i can get lazy, sry.
1. the mac 263 is what i use for my eyebrows. it’s tiny and gives you a very precise application. works well for liner as well.
2. real techniques powder brush i use for, well, powder. It’s dense and oh so soft, gives a light layer of powder and works great for bronzer as well.
3. real techniques contour brush is what i use to blend it my concealer and to set it with powder. it fits perfectly under the eye, just perfect!
This is what i use for my base – the wet stuff.
1. l’oreal lumi magique is a illuminating primer. I use this everyday, even on my non-makeup days. It gives a very pretty glow to the skin (something you might want to know – i love looking glowy, nothing matte for me thx), that just looks healthy. I mix it with my moisturiser, apply it straight to the face or mix it with my “foundation”.
2. vitamin e tinted moisture lotion (the body shop) / Healthy mix serum (bourjois). the vitamin e one is my favorite thing ever! it’s lightweight, gives a nice boost of colour and evens out the skin tone, without suffocating it – ya feel? good. The healthy mix serum is a newer addition to the kit. it gives a bit more coverage and is more matte than the vitamin e is. i really like this one, glad i finally picked it up – the only thing is, is that it has a slight scent to it which i’m still not sure about.
3. mac select cover up is my bae. yes i used the word bae – i’m sorry. but honestly i don’t know what i would do without this one. it’s works wonders both around the eyes and on the face – super!
these are the products that make me look less dead.
1. loose face powder anything translucent will work. this one is from the body shop, it’s pretty good. i just like to set my wet stuff with something without it giving me extra coverage.
2. must have and it truly is. this is the perfect coral blush. it’s from Makeup store and you have to get it asap! you will not regret it.
3. hoola from benefit. it’s a cult favorite, the perfect bronzer. it’s a more cool-toned bronzer and gives a really natural effect when applied. this is the stuff i use for my eye-area (brows included).
1. a lash curler. pretty standard, i think? i have very long and straight lashes that need all the help they can get.
2. the mascara i use is the colossal volum’ express from maybelline in waterproof. i have to use waterproof mascara or else my lashes will fall down 2 seconds after i application. it gives great volume (as the name suggests) and lasts all day.
3. The smokey 2 in 1 gel liner from the body shop is great to have in your kit. this is in the brown colour and I mainly use it for my brows. i feel it’s very easy to use and gives me a very nice full brow.
4. the last thing in my everyday kit is the l’oreal brow artist plumper. this is also a newer addition to the kit and honestly i don’t know what i would to without it. it has fibers in it that give a fuller look to the brows. this is also tinted so sometimes this is the only eyebrow product i use.
I hope you liked this post today, let me know if you try any of the products or if you already have!
enjoy your day!